universalsewwarwar womenswar tvwar womens tvwar tag team
impact xwomens evolutionus tag teamsew womensicon6 star tag teamtvthcxtreme
world tag teamustitanworldwomens tag team24/7

The Rock Talks On Possibly Facing Brock Lesnar At WrestleMania 32 and More

Started by sopshowtime69, March 21, 2015, 06:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANA

Posted by PWMania.com Staff on 03/21/2015

- The Rock spoke with Miami's FOX 7 Entertainment Reporter Chris Van Vliet in Los Angeles on Thursday for a press junket for "Furious 7". He talked about whether Roman Reigns is ready to be the WWE Champion, his thoughts on CM Punk in UFC, he also hinted at a surprise appearance at WrestleMania 31 and talked about wanting a match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 32. The full interview can be seen below.

Here are the highlights:

Giving Jason Statham the Rock Bottom in "Furious 7":

"The idea was I got together with Jason Statham and said let's put together an epic fight that's going to be memorable. And at the end to punctuate it I said 'Alright brother, what if I hooked you' and he's like 'Yeah? Suplex?' and I said 'No, not a suplex. First time ever on film, I hit you with the Rock Bottom.' When you present that to a movie star like Jason, you're at a crossroads because if ego is involved the movie star could say 'I don't know. That your thing, it's a big finishing move and I don't want you to hit me with it.' If you check your ego at the door like Statham did, it was great. He's a focused guy and we pulled it off and we went through the glass table, cut us up a little bit and he was game to play and he came to rumble. And by the way, it's the best move of the movie."

Whether he thinks Roman Reigns is ready to be the WWE Champion?

"Ready to headline WrestleMania and ready to be the Champ are two different things. I think that he's in a unique position. He's being pushed quickly, I was in that position before so I know what it's like, but at the same time you either sink or swim so you've got no choice but to be ready. Fans have expressed their displeasure in it and that is the best part about the WWE Universe is that they're so vocal and passionate about how they feel. I think he's going to go out with Brock, who I've known for a very long time, and they're going to have a hell of a match and that's what I expect."

On the rumors about facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 32:

"In Dallas? Possibly. There's a lot of things that are up in the air. We'll see. I would love that rematch. Whatever it is I think that you want to create something that is going to be special, memorable and especially in Dallas at that stadium and you have a shot at breaking the attendance record."

How he thinks CM Punk will do in UFC:

"I think he's going to great because he's putting in the time to train. And he's had the background anyway so I think he's going to great."

menu

If you would like to affiliate with us we have this logo
SEF
SiteLock