universalsewwarwar womenswar tvwar womens tvwar tag team
impact xwomens evolutionus tag teamsew womensicon6 star tag teamtvthcxtreme
world tag teamustitanworldwomens tag team24/7

Indy Star Shane Strickland Talks About Best & Worst Thing In Wrestling

Started by sopshowtime69, March 21, 2015, 06:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANA

Posted by PWMania.com Staff on 03/21/2015

Indy Star Shane Strickland recently took some time to participate in an exclusive interview with PWMania.com. Strickland is best known for his work in Combat Zone Wrestling (CZW), where he won the CZW Wired TV Championship two times. Strickland also works for Lucha Underground under the name of Kill Shot. Strickland talks about the best and worst thing in the wrestling business, WWE and TNA, indy wrestling and more. Check out the complete interview below:

First of all thank you for taking the time to sit down with PWMania.com. What was it that first inspired you to become a professional wrestler and who are some of your idols?

My number 1 inspiration was Rey mysterio. He is the one that truly captivated me in the world of pro wrestling. Edge was another one that came off like a larger than life star to me as well. Than after I got into more of the independent wrestling world Austin Aries I really took to as well as Amazing Red and Sonjay Dutt and Jack Evans.

What has been the most satisfying moment of your career thus far?

Competing with all this amazing talent that this business has to offer. From AR Fox to Richard Swann all the way to Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano and Matt Jackson of the Young Bucks. Never in a million years would I have believed of being amongst the best in the world.

In your opinion, what are the best worst things about the wrestling business?

Best things are the fans. So many people traveling to from distances to pay and watch you perform in the ring. Worst are the people that take this business for granted and abuse it.

How much of your matches you do like to plan in advance?

The finishes and the high points. I love interacting with the crowd and going off of what's supposedly "called" so that the match flows natural. The fans feel what's natural and what's not.

What are your thoughts on indy wrestling today and what could make the indy scene better?

The talent on the indies is the best it's ever been. There is so much talent now that haven't been discovered yet that it's scary to think how it will be in the next couple years. More companies need to be successful and flourish so that we can all make a living from it.

What are your thoughts on WWE and TNA? Is signing with one of the companies a goal of yours?

My goals at the moment aren't to get to either company at the moment because I feel I'm not ready. WWE is starting to give the younger talent more exposure which is exciting. TNA is too. Both realize where the talent is at and they are using it.

In your opinion, who are the best and the most underrated stars in the business today?

I truly believe my Ricochet is the best thing going in wrestling right now. The man is just a spectacle to watch. I feel as though I'm the most underrated right now. I have much to offer any company and any crowd and I haven't even tapped into my full potential yet. It's only a matter of time before I'm seen as one of the best in the business.

When you are not wrestling, what do you like to do?

Workout, be with my daughter, play video games, train, and be with family.

What's next for yourself?

The world. I wanna tour every country that I possibly can. Like i said, I have alot to offer and I haven't even tapped into my full potential yet.

Everyone here at PWMania.com wishes you the best of the luck for the future. Thanks again for taking the time to sit down with PWMania.com. Do you have any final messages to say to our readers?

Follow me on Twitter and IG – @StricklandShane. Visit my website shaneswervestrickland.com where you can blog, check out new and old matches of mine and purchase new #SWERVE merchandise.

menu

If you would like to affiliate with us we have this logo
SEF
SiteLock