menu

universalsewwarwar womenswar tvwar womens tvwar tag team
impact xwomens evolutionus tag teamsew womensicon6 star tag teamtvthcxtreme
world tag teamustitanworldwomens tag team24/7

{Rules/FAQ}

Started by Greg Boone, March 28, 2013, 08:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Boone

Before you get to the rules it may be good to read up a little on SEF history as there is over a decade of it, but we'll try to use as few a words as possible.

In February 2002 on the 16th day just 2 hours into that day is when SEF was born. A small e-fed on the old MSN Groups where 6 months later SEF would grace the top of not only the Wrestling ranking, but the whole world of MSN Groups. We held that spot for a year or two and slipped out of the MSN spotlight mostly due to the OOC board becoming a major way to gain activity. Because of it we lost activity on the r/p board as SEF wasn't at the top because we refused to play the ooc war game and though we have had problems with many on MSN, we do recognize all feds from MSN Groups or any on Aimoo as standout indy promotions. If you hold accomplishments from a fed on MSN or Aimoo you are a step above a rookie in SEF, but still a ways to go before your recognized as mainstream!

In the fantasy wrestling world of SEFWUN we recognize our network as the biggest there is in the world, SEFWUN is the WWE of our fantasy wrestling world. All other e-fed's are not as big as us, they are not global, in our world, therefore, well you may be recognized for being an accomplished veteran, you are not world renowned until you become a big time player in SEFWUN. Every new character that enters SEFWUN is only as big as a regionally known star and must climb the ladder to the top of our world the same way everyone else has done because like one of our many quotes says, there is no glass ceiling in SEFWUN. Failure to make it here means you failed to produce enough talent as SEF has always given fair chances to everyone. We have even let people back who we probably shouldn't have, but hold no grudges against anyone for getting upset over this game. We hope everyone has fun and enjoys themselves.
rs

Frequently Asked Questions
rs
Q:
Do I have to roleplay in SEF to become a member of the forum?
A:
NO. You are free to sign up and remain a member of our forum which allows you to get sent notifications right to your email, or allows you to reply to any post on the Live Roster News. Keep in mind that since you are not roleplaying that you only allowed to leave a comment on what you liked or disliked. If you are caught trying to roleplay we will have to discuss what happens next. Also, keep the hate out of all comments and be friendly.
rs
Q:
How do I become a member of the forum?
A:
Click one of the Register links and sign up which is free to do and takes seconds to do and all without management approval. You don't even need to use a legit email, although if you forget your password and don't provide a email that you can recover it with, you would have to sign up for a new account. You can hide your email when signing up, so no one else can see it. Sportsefed.com will never release sensitive information like that.
rs
Q:
What happens if I get too extreme in character?
A:
Nothing as there is no limit in SEF as far as in character goes.
rs
Q:
What happens if I break character and attack a writer out of character?
A:
You will be punished according to the severity of what you do which could mean your character is written off as dead or you are just brutally attacked in return.
rs
Q:
Why must I show respect to other members, my fellow writers, my peers...see where this is going?
A:
You must always show respect out of character, so any disrespect better be worked in character or there will be consequences.
rs
Q:
Do I need to ask permission to use another character not played by me?
A:
Yes. Always ask permission of either the person who writes for a character or management as we may allow you to use certain characters who just take up space and do nothing.
rs
Q:
Can I attack interviewers and ringside staff?
A:
You can, but don't go overboard or you may be made to look bad in results as the staff are not be seriously injured unless approved by management.
rs
Q:
Can I use a real wrestler or is SEF for created characters only?
A:
We prefer created characters, but if approved by management, you may be able to use a real wrestler, so ask first.
rs
Q:
How do I request a LOA from roleplaying?
A:
Post a request respectfully to management on the Off Camera Area / OOC Events asking for time off.
rs
Q:
How do I become a writer in SEF?
A:
Click Here and find the sign up sheet to get the stats form which you can fill out in a new topic.
rs
Q:
How do I quit my contract after signing up to SEF?
A:
Go to the Backstage board and make a new topic saying you would like your character removed from the roster. If playing more than one you must state which one or all of them.
rs
Q:
Do men and women battle each other in SEF?
A:
Yes. SEF promotes intergender wrestling as this game is about words and nothing physical, so it works, otherwise your imagination is limited and you may not be cut out for this game in the first place.
rs
Q:
Can I post a link to my stats or a roleplay that is on another site?
A:
No. All stats and roleplays must be posted in SEF on the proper board, although if you post it on the wrong board in this forum it is no big deal, I can just move it to the right board.
rs
Q:
Where do I post roleplays?
A:
All roleplays go on the Live Event Promos board. We have a Backstage Promos board for writers only to work on developing their characters in a more disclosed location as well engaging each other out of character to help work on stories together.
rs
Q:
May I post links in SEF?
A:
We strongly recommend that you do not post links unless they benefit a roleplay and fit into the story, but on our off camera board you have more freedom to share links, just do not spam or you will be punished. If you want to advertise on our site, you can sign up to be a sponsor through our Paid Subscriptions which will gain you access to the board at the very top of our forum and there you can post as many links as you want, whatever you want to your hearts content, or rather the allotted time you paid to advertise.
rs
Q:
Can I defend a championship title from SEF in another fed?
A:
NO. All champions have a non compete clause keeping them from defending the title anywhere, except in SEF. You can't even take a SEF title to another fed without permission from management.
rs
Q:
How often must a title be defended in SEF?
A:
30 days for all champions except the World Champion who has 45 days and the Universal Champion 60 days. After that you may be stripped of the belt, but not always.
rs
Q:
If I lose my title in SEF, do I get a rematch?
A:
Yes. But you don't get to choose when its used unless it fits with the story.
rs
Q:
What happens if I break any rules laid out in this FAQ?
A:
Depends on the severity of the situation as it could be a warning or worse, like being killed off or banned.
rs
Q:
May I post roleplays after the deadline?
A:
YES! You may post roleplays for a show after the deadline up until the point results are posted because its better later than never.
rs
Q:
What happens if I quit or leave without telling you?
A:
You will be jobbed until being removed from the roster, possibly through a loser leaves town match or similiar. 30 days is how long before removal occurs give or take a week. If you have a title and do that... you better have a good excuse, if your gonna try and come back. I may kill your character if I feel like it as if you no show on my show too many times, I own your character and may use you as a jobber forever!?!
rs
Q:
What's the correct way for me to leave or take time off?
A:
Post a request for an LOA as a #OOC topic on the Backstage Promos board and let me know before your match you need time off, but please ask! I try to show respect and simply ask to be shown it back.
rs
Q:
Can I use HTML or other coding in my RPs?
A:
Absolutely, but unfortunately our main forum cannot support it.
rs
Q:
Can I use music in my RPs?
A:
Absolutely! You can code your RP to play music in the background or you can post a music video from Youtube or whatever you want! If using youtube you can just get the link of the video and post it directly into the body without any code as our forum as a video embedder that works with multiple video sites. You may have to remove the s from the https if there is one.
rs
Q:
How can I get that big "push" to the top, win titles, headline pay per views, etc?
A:
Go above and beyond to make your character stand out. If all you do is post the bare minimum each week then you might win your matches but you won't really catch the attention of the people who run the shows. GET MORE INVOLVED...post roleplays throughout the week, send in attacks or segments for the shows, make and accept challenges on the roleplay board, post on the news/rumors board, etc... Basically if you are here to GET noticed then you will BE noticed.
rs
Q:
Can I directly challenge a specific champion for their title?
A:
Sure. Just post your challenge on our roleplay board and IF that champion accepts your challenge then you will get a shot at their belt! Champions have a large say in who they will face, because after all, they've earned that right! Make sure you post your challenge IN CHARACTER.
rs
Q:
How can I get a title shot if a champion refuses my challenge?
A:
Post something IN CHARACTER on the news & promos board about how you want a title shot at whatever title. The staff will see this and take it into consideration, either by giving you a #1 contender match or by giving you some other chance to PROVE you deserve it. If you prove it through whatever means the staff sets up for you, then you will get your shot even if the champion does not want to face you!
rs
Q:
I lost a match that I really, really thought I should have won. Can I ask for reasons why I lost?
A:
Yes, but do so at your own risk and make sure you do it IN PRIVATE using #OOC on our off camera board. If you openly complain about a loss anywhere on the forums then you will be considered a whiner and will most likely be ignored. You might even get jobbed on purpose if you openly complain on the forums, just to humiliate you the same way you're trying to humiliate the person who worked hard and beat you fairly. If you send a professional sounding PM (private message) to the staff then we may try our best to explain why you lost. If you find yourself asking this question a lot, we might have a problem and you might want to reconsider your membership here. Our tolerance for repeated questions about why a person lost is low because most of the time the answer will be: "The people who judged your match were more impressed by your opponent's work this week and scored them higher." We know what we're doing here and we actually have multiple judges go over the closer matches so there is no question about the rightful outcome.
rs
Q:
Alright, I get not to keep asking why I lost... but what if I want to ask for specific pointers on how I can improve?
A:
You're welcome to do that. Post a #OOC message on the off camera board to the management... Ask for some tips on how to improve. You'll usually get a thorough response as long as you ask politely, but keep in mind you'll have to wait until the person has time to give you their full attention, so please don't rush them.
rs
Q:
How many wrestlers can one person create/handle?
A:
As many as you can manage to keep active without hurting your own performance. Everyone is different. Some people might be best off with just one character while others could possibly handle several without any problems. If you feel like creating a singles wrestler and also having a separate tag team, go for it! If you want to handle several singles wrestlers, go for it! As long as you consistently roleplay for them and produce decent quality work, everything will be fine.
rs
Q:
Can I be in more than one fed at a time? Will you guys allow me to compete if I'm active in another e-fed?
A:
We do NOT suggest you do this, but if you insist, it's fine... Keep in mind that we have some of the top roleplayers in all of e-fedding so if you're wasting some of your "juice" in other feds, there is a VERY good chance it's going to hurt your performance here. It's almost a guarantee, actually. What makes you think you can beat a top RPer who is giving you 100% of their focus, if you yourself are only giving them 50% of yours that week? Think about it before you try it, and don't be surprised if your performance suffer.
rs
Q:
If somebody sandbags me (posts ALL their work very close to the deadline so you have no chance to respond to what they said), what can I do?
A:
Blast the living hell out of them with a late RP! We'll usually accept it as long as it's geared toward responding to what they posted last minute, and directly addresses it. As long as we can see that you wrote it after you read their work, then we'll accept it. You absolutely MUST inform the management for the show you're on as soon as you decide that you're about to start writing your late RP, because the judges need to know to wait for it.
rs
Q:
How do I attack someone or cut a promo during the show?
A:
Segments like these can be accomplished by sending a email to sef@sportsefed.com with the segment wrote up that you want to have added to results. Try to send in the segment before the role play deadline so that we can include your contributions. Attacking other characters without them knowing is allowed; however, the character being attacked might try to counter this by sending in a segment which simply states that they wish to counter-attack, if they are feeling threatened. We HIGHLY encourage the use of attacks AND counter attacks here in SEF. If you have more questions about that aspect, contact us at sef@sportsefed.com
rs
Q:
Do I have to promo in a written form or can I do a audio/video promo for my character?
A:
There is no one way to conduct a promo in SEF. Well we have been a text based fed for twenty years, we do allow the freedom to roleplay in whatever form feels most comfortable to you. If one week you want to do a text r/p and the next a video, you can even mix it up, its up to you.
rs
Q:
Think something else should be added here?
A:
Let the staff know!

menu

If you would like to affiliate with us we have this logo
SEF
SiteLock